Preparation time : 5 mins
Cook time : 60 mins
Total time : 65 mins
2 ounces cocoa butter edible
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon powdered milk or soy milk powder for a vegan version
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon orange extract You can replace this orange extract with any flavored extract that you like. If you want a more traditional vanilla-flavored white chocolate, use more vanilla extract for a total of one teaspoon vanilla extract.
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger You can use any spices that you like or leave out the spices entirely for a more traditional white chocolate.
pinch of salt
To make these white chocolate discs, I used a silicone cupcake tin but, you can use any silicone mold that you like.
1. Place cocoa butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave. If you are used to melting butter in the microwave, you'll be surprised at how much longer this process takes for cocoa butter. Set the microwave for two minutes and then add a minute at a time until the cocoa butter is completely liquefied.
2. Stir in the powdered sugar and the milk powder. Make sure that all of the sugar is completely dissolved in the cocoa butter.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour or spoon the mixture into your molds. If you are using a silicone cupcake tin, use approximately one tablespoon of the cocoa butter mixture per circle.
5. Refrigerate until cool.
6. Pop the white chocolates out of the molds and enjoy on the spot, use to decorate cupcakes or cakes, break into pieces and add to cookies, or use in any other way that you can dream up.
Notes: Total time includes cooling time in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories : 54
Total Carbohydrates : 3g1%
Sugars : 3g
Calcium : 0.2%
Iron : 0.1%